What to buy at Better Food: We stock a wide range of Pieminister’s individual pies, including gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options.
Pieminister began life right here in the heart of Bristol in 2003, when friends Jon Simon and Tristan Hogg took on the challenge of reviving the great British pie industry. Mission accomplished, Pieminister have inspired a new generation of British pie makers but remain one of the most recognised and loved brands for their consistently impeccable pastry and delicious fillings, winning each and every one of their Classic range a Great Taste Award.
Their popular meat and vegetarian pie range has now grown extensively to include several gluten free pies, and a vegan pie called – very simply – Kevin.
Mission and values: Pieminister prioritise responsible sourcing of their ingredients; as well as committing to using 100% free range British chicken, turkey and pork, they hold Compassion in World Farming’s Good Egg, Good Chicken and Good Pig Awards.
Pieminister watch their waste too, donating the small amount of surplus pies they produce to charities and good causes through their Little Acts of Pie-ness initiative.
Location: Stokes Croft, BS1 (0.8 miles to Better Food)
- Gluten free Moo, Heidi and Ranger Coeliac UK certified
- Vegetarian range all Vegetarian Society approved
- Compassion in World Farming Good Pig Award – for their 100% free range British pork products
- Compassion in World Farming Good Egg Award – for their products which use free range eggs or egg products
- Compassion in World Farming Good Chicken Award – for their free range British chicken and organic stock
We love them because… Pieminister is a real Bristol success story, showing that paying attention to quality and provenance can turn even a humble pie business into a lot more than a pie in the sky dream!