Better Food, better planet.
If you’re looking to be a part of something that’s bigger than just a shop, and to be a part of our journey to build a community who respect and save the planet, then check out our vacancies for jobs at Better Food below.
Better Food’s mission is to build a better, fairer food community for all, through our pillars of Organic, Local and Ethical. Working for Better Food means acting with passion, humility, responsively and ethically to help us achieve our vision… but don’t be fooled, it is hard work trying to change the world one apple at a time!
If there’s a vacancy which sounds just right for you, please fill out our application form and send it over to our friendly recruitment team. If it fits the bill, the hiring manager for that role will be in touch.
*All roles do require a commitment to working weekends and evenings unless otherwise stated.*
(You’ll find the email address and further instructions at the top of the downloadable form)
You’re one step away from being part of a team that’s creating a better future for food. Just make sure you let us know what vacancy you wish to apply for on the application form.
You’ll get some little extras for being part of our family…
- 25% discount across our stores and cafés
- Free lunch!
- One paid volunteer day per year
- An additional 1 days holiday per year (up to a maximum of 4 years, pro rata for part time)
- Money@Work scheme with GWCU
- Employee Assistance Programme with the retailTRUST
- Long Service Awards
- And much more!
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!
Our vacancies stay on the website until we feel that we can make a hiring decision, so if you see a vacancy that you want to apply for then please send your application in ASAP as it may be gone the next day.
If you are unable to complete the application form electronically for any reason, please get in touch with us to discuss alternative methods of application. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept CV’s. We are also unable to consider work experience requests for anyone who is under the age of 16 and/or has not yet completed their GCSEs.
*Please note, we do try to respond to everyone who takes the time to send us an application, however, due to a high level of applicants, sometimes this is not always possible. We do go through all applications received, so if you’re not successful the first time around, please don’t be discouraged to get in touch about future vacancies or give us a call to check the status of your application.
We hold and store all your personal data in line with the GDPR 2018. For a copy of our data protection policy, or for any accessibility support with the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Store Manager – Whiteladies Road – Full time
We are looking for a new store manager for our well loved Clifton shop.
Our ideal Store Manager candidate:
- Ready to take ownership of all elements of the Store Manager role, payroll, waste, KPIs’, training & growth.
- You’ve got a proven track record as a Store Manager (2+ years)
- Thrive in a busy retail environment, can demonstrate previous success at growing sales & standards as Store Manager
- Genuinely passionate about food, retail, and caring for the planet with ambition to make real change in the world
- Excelling at customer service, our Store Managers Lead by example in all areas; implement company initiatives and work to maintain and improve on KPI’s like sales, waste & shrinkage
- Problem solving and thinking creatively are second nature, and you are excited to dive into learning new skills across the business to further drive sales in your shop.
- You’re looking for your next challenge and want to work for a company that is making a difference, while embedding yourself in the local community.
Benefits for our Store Manager:
- See this an exciting opportunity to put your mark on our Clifton shop as store manager.
- Manage a diverse team in a vibrant, dynamic store environment.
- Nurture and develop individuals in the workplace for growth and success.
- The Store Manager role is full-time across the week with occasional weekends or evenings as per the needs of the store.
- There is plenty of opportunity for creativity and to put your own stamp on the shop as store manager, while being supported by the wider management team.
Pay £13.75 per hour, 40 hour week, with a pay raise in April
This role will start in the new year – but the vacancy will be taken down once we have enough applicants so please apply now if you are interested.
Produce Assistant Wapping Wharf 11 hrs per week
The produce department looks after all the beautiful fresh Organic fruit & veg we sell! The role involves a keen eye for detail with lots of quality checks, creating lovely displays & receiving stock. The role can be quite physical as you sort and move the produce, its balanced with an amount of computer based work recording waste & orders.
This role will start in the new year – but please apply now!
Pay £10.90 per hour, working Friday & Saturday.
Looks like you’ve seen all our available roles. Feel free to send us a completed application form with your details and what you’re looking for anyway, in case something else pops up.