How We’re Here For You
Earlier this week we made a commitment to be here for you and our community; that we will do everything we can to play our part in helping people to get through this challenge.
We want to keep you up to date with what we’re actually doing:
• We are actively recruiting for new staff to keep our shelves full and to help you. By doing this we hope to be able to help people whose lives have been turned upside down in the past week.
• From Monday, we are encouraging our elderly and disabled customers to begin shopping 30 minutes before the opening time at our main St Werburghs store, Monday to Friday. So that they can shop in a quiet and safe environment between 7.30am and 8am. The shop has disabled parking and a lift. If you know anyone who could benefit from this, please let them know.
• We are truly thankful for the incredible job that everyone working for the NHS is doing. To show our thanks, we have increased the discount that we offer them to 10%.
• We predominantly work with local suppliers with whom we have a long-standing relationship. We are pleased that deliveries have generally been unaffected so far. However, demand is huge and we ask all of our customers to be considerate in what they buy. Where appropriate, we have introduced purchase limits for certain products.
• We are actively looking at options as to how we can deliver emergency essentials to elderly and at-risk customers who are in need. Please bear with us.
• In the meantime, Bristol Food Producers has compiled an ever-growing list of fantastic local and independent food suppliers, many of whom are able to deliver. Check out the list here.
Finally, we want to say another huge thank you; to our customers who continue to show patience and respect whilst shopping, to our suppliers who are working flat-out to keep us stocked, and to our brilliant staff. This morning the government acknowledged a fact that we have always known – they truly are key workers for our community. We are extremely proud of all of them.
All of the team at Better Food