Hot Cocoa is like a drinkable comfort blanket, and this recipe – made from guilt-free ingredients – will top those chilly days off perfectly.
Serves: 2 people Level: Easy Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp lucuma powder
- 1 Tbsp of coconut sugar or agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger root
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of Himalaya salt
- 1 cup of your favourite plant or nut milk*
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Mix together the spices and salt, or blend in a coffee grinder or blender if using whole spices. Set aside.
In a pan, heat the coconut oil with the raw cacao, lucuma, coconut sugar/agave until you have a smooth paste.
Next add a tsp of your spice mix (you can save the rest for next time), and stir to incorporate.
Then add your milk of choice, stirring as you go, until it reaches your desired temperature.
Serve with optional vegan cream or vegan marshmallows for something a bit more indulgent… so delicious!
Melanie R. Gonzalez is the creative force behind CookYourLife, She makes original recipes that taste great, look beautiful and have incredible health benefits. She cooks all around the world, leading workshops, working as a yoga retreat chef, is writing her first book and sharing her passion as a food stylist & blogger.
- Spiced Cauliflower and Lentil Salad with Miso Dressing
- Coconut Short Crust Pastry
- Banana Bread with Roast Chestnuts
- Three wise mocktails
- Sour cherry millionaire shortbread
- Apricot, Walnut, Beetroot and Spinach Couscous
- Pumpkin quiche
- Apple syrup
- Miso Soup
- Sencha tea with rose
- Veggie sausage rolls
- Tideford Miso Baked Beans with Chilli & Lime
- Roasted Squash, Feta and Pomegranate Salad