Banana Bread with Roast Chestnuts
What could possibly make banana bread better? Just add delicious chopped chestnuts and a cup of tea …
BANANA BREAD WITH ROAST CHESTNUTS
Serves: 2 loaves Time: 60 minutes Level: Easy
- 400g bananas, or around 3 large bananas, plus 1 extra for texture
- 400g all purpose flour
- 300ml soya milk/your favourite vegan milk
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 100g your favourite sweetener (I used coconut sugar)
- 1Tbsp of orange extract
- 2Tbsp baking powder
- 200g chestnuts
Score the chestnuts along the middle and grill for about 20 minutes.
In a blender, add all the other ingredients and mix well until sticky and dough-like.
Let chestnuts cool and then peel.
Slice the extra banana and add to the mix along with the shelled chestnuts.
Line 2 bread tins with baking paper and spoon in the mixture. Bake at 190C for about 45-55 minutes until baked golden on the outside and a knife slides out clean.
*Melanie R. Gonzalez is the creative force behind CookYourLife, She makes original recipes that taste great, look beautiful and have incredible health benefits. She cooks all around the world, leading workshops, working as a yoga retreat chef, writing her first book and sharing her passion as a food stylist & blogger.
** we only stock chestnuts when in season
- Three Delicious Ways to Cook Herring
- Courgette and Lime Cake
- Chocolate beetroot and date cake
- CAULIFLOWER AND COURGETTE CURRY
- Broth (caldín)
- Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Mushrooms
- Banana, Berry and Chocolate Vegan Ice Cream
- Brain-Boosting Energy Balls
- Roasted, Stuffed Cauliflower
- MUSHROOM AND TEMPEH NOODLES
- Carrot and pea curry
- Vegan Courgette Lasagne
- Rhubarb and Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Rhubarb Lollies
- Coconut Short Crust Pastry