Courgette and Green Bean Mini Quiches
A picnic isn’t a picnic without an eye-catching quiche. And this recipe is perfect for those summer gatherings. With seasonal courgettes, green beans and local Lye Cross Farm cheddar – you’ll be in everyone’s good books.
- 300g premade shortcrust pastry
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 100g green beans, quartered
- 100g Lye Cross Farm cheddar, grated
- 2 Haresfield Farm organic eggs
- 125ml double cream
- A handful of fresh coriander, chopped finely
Roll the pastry out onto a lightly floured work surface until thin. Using the bottom of a glass milk bottle as a guide, cut circles out of the pastry, adding a 1cm lip. Line a muffin tray or cupcake tin with the pastry circles, pressing the pastry into the edges and up the sides. Continue re-rolling the pastry until you’ve lined all the tins. Pop the pastry into the fridge to chill for 30 mins.
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line each pastry case with a piece of foil and fill with baking beans or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 mins, then lift out the foil and beans and bake for a further 5 mins.
Divide the thin courgette strips and green bean quarters between the cases. Into a mixing jug, beat the eggs and cream together with seasoning. Add a sprinkling of the grated cheese to each tart, and follow this with the egg and cream mixture. Finish with a topping of the remaining cheddar and fresh coriander, before baking in the oven for 20-25 mins or until golden and puffed up. Leave to cool, before packing into a picnic and sharing out with family and friends!
- Three Delicious Ways to Cook Herring
- CAULIFLOWER AND COURGETTE CURRY
- Courgette and beetroot salad
- TOMATO AND BEAN PESTO FETTUCCINE
- Roast Baby Potato, Spring Onion and Microgreen Salad
- Stuffed Marinated Mushroom Steaks
- Chocolate beetroot and date cake
- Roasted, Stuffed Cauliflower
- Courgette and Green Bean Mini Quiches
- Vegan bean and sausage casserole
- Carrot and pea curry
- Pumpkin Fritters
- Banana Bread with Roast Chestnuts
- Apple cider
- Raspberry white chocolate muffins