Savoury Leek and Sourdough Bread Pudding
Leek and Bread Pudding
Serves: 6 Time: 1hr 15 mins Level: Easy
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dry)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp of cornflour
- 6 slices of sourdough bread, 2cm cubes (you may want to cut the crusts off if they’re a bit tough)
- 500ml of oat milk
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
Heat half the oil in a saucepan. Add the garlic, leeks and thyme, season and stir well. Cover the pan and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes until the leeks are tender.
When the leeks are cooked, turn off the heat and sprinkle over the cornflour, mixing well.
Meanwhile, put the cubed bread into a big bowl, season and drizzle the remaining olive oil.
Spread evenly on a large baking tray and toast in the oven until golden brown, turning half way through.
Combine the bread and leeks in an oven dish, mix well.
Pour about ¾ of the milk over the top making sure the bread is mostly covered. Leave to soak for 5 mins.
Pour over the remaining milk and bake for around an hour, until the pudding is set and the top is golden brown.
- Brain-Boosting Energy Balls
- Three wise mocktails
- Apple syrup
- Banana, Berry and Chocolate Vegan Ice Cream
- Coconut Short Crust Pastry
- Kombucha Roasted Chicken
- Apple cider
- Chilli chickpeas
- Banana bread pancakes
- Glamorgan sausages
- Roasted Squash, Feta and Pomegranate Salad
- Merry Mulled Wine
- Chocolate beetroot and date cake
- Better Food’s Wintery Warming Dal