Almond polenta and fruit slice
We’re sharing one of our café favourites … you can change the fruit you use for a seasonal variation and none of the products used in this recipe contain gluten.
Ingredients (makes 12 slices)
300g cane sugar
1 tsp almond extract
100g almond butter
250g olive oil
340g ground almonds
1½ tsp GF baking powder
Pinch of salt
150g stewed or frozen fruit (apple, berries, rhubarb etc.)
Flaked almonds for topping
Method (takes 45 minutes)
1. Whisk together the eggs, sugar and almond extract.
2. Add the almond butter and oil, followed by ground almonds, polenta, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
3. Pour half the mix into a 25cm square baking tray and add a layer of fruit.
4. Pour the remaining mix over the top and sprinkle with a handful of flaked almonds.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180°C/Gas 4 or until cooked – put a clean knife into the cake, if it comes out clean, it’s cooked.
- Coconut Short Crust Pastry
- Banana Bread with Roast Chestnuts
- Apple syrup
- Three Delicious Ways to Cook Herring
- Braised lamb shoulder with puy lentils & purple sprouting broccoli
- Banana, Berry and Chocolate Vegan Ice Cream
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Spicy Bean Burgers
- Pumpkin quiche
- Espresso Martini
- Tideford Miso Baked Beans with Chilli & Lime
- Scotch Pancakes with Almond Butter and Local Honey
- Chocolate and Beetroot Pancakes with Chopped Dates
- Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Mushrooms
- Almond polenta and fruit slice