Happy St David’s Day! This year we thought we’d rustle up some Glamorgan Sausages using leeks from the Community Farm and Welsh cheese from Somerset Cheeses. They are Dod a d?r i’r dannedd (the Welsh for mouth-watering). Serve with lots of seasonal greens and some red cabbage, or with roasted peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- 225g fresh breadcrumbs
- 125g grated Gorwydd Caerphilly, available at our deli counter
- 175g leeks, finely shredded and sautéed in a little butter for 2 minutes
- A splash of milk
- 1 Tbsp English mustard powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 medium sized free-range eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh, chopped parsley
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 medium sized free-range egg
- 4 Tbsp milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
Add all of the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine
Beat together the eggs and add to the mixture. If a little dry, add some milk. Divide the mixture into 16 portions and roll into sausage shapes
Beat together the egg and milk. Dredge your sausages in the mix before rolling in breadcrumbs. Chill in the fridge for an hour.
Heat a heavy frying pan with enough oil to liberally coat it (about 2 mm). Add a few sausages at a time and heat until golden, turning every few minutes.