Leafy Beetroot Salad with Horseradish Dressing
This is a great recipe for new season bunched beetroot, as it includes eating their tender chard-like leaves.
Beetroot provides some impressive health benefits. It’s a great source of nutrients, including fibre, folate and vitamin C. It also contains nitrates and pigments that may help lower blood pressure and improve athletic performance.
3 large cooked beetroot, topped, tailed, and peeled
Beetroot leaves (or chard)
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp prepared horseradish
1 clove of garlic, crushed
Salt to taste
1. Cut the beetroot in half lengthways, then cut across into medium-thin slices. Coat with the olive oil and vinegar.
2. Prepare the leaves: separate the stalks from the leaf and cut the leaves in half. Steam the stems for 2 mins, adding the leaves for a further 3 mins, or until tender.
3. Mix the dressing ingredients together.
4. Combine the beetroot slices and leaves in a shallow serving dish. Pour over the dressing and mix gently.
5. Season as required and serve at room temperature.
- Hobbs House Bakery Classic Sourdough
- Coconut Short Crust Pastry
- Apple syrup
- Kombucha Roasted Chicken
- Healing carrot and turmeric soup
- Celeriac Puree & Yoghurt
- Broth (caldín)
- Banana Bread with Roast Chestnuts
- Miso Soup
- Glamorgan sausages
- Carrot lox
- Pork and fennel meatballs