Spicy Bean Burgers
Our spicy bean burger recipe is a great and easy meal to make with the family. A fantastic store cupboard recipe, too. They’re delicious fresh with crunchy salad, or freeze them for later!
Spicy bean burgers
Makes: 6 Time: 25 mins Level: Easy
- 2x 400g tins of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- Small bunch of coriander, chopped finely
- 1 egg
- A jar of Gingerbeard Bloody Mary Tomato salsa or Beetroot and Horseradish relish
- Burger buns
- Cheese (dairy-free alternative)
- 150ml natural yoghurt (dairy-free alternative)
- Extra chutney, or relish (optional)
Tip the beans into a large mixing bowl and roughly crush with a potato masher. Add your breadcrumbs, paprika, chilli powder, the chopped coriander, egg and 2 tbsp of relish. Mix together well with a fork.
Wet your hands and divide the mixture into 6 patties, arranging them onto a baking tray. You can now also freeze your burgers, if making ahead of time.
Pop the grill onto a medium heat and slide your burgers under, cooking for 4-5 mins on each side, or until golden. If cooking from frozen in this step, turn the oven onto Gas Mark 6/180°C/200°C fan and bake the burgers for 20-30 mins, until hot through.
Serve up your burgers with fresh brioche buns, a slice of cheese, a dollop of yoghurt and an optional teaspoon of relish for a mouth-watering kitchen cupboard feast.
- Coconut Short Crust Pastry
- Apple syrup
- Chocolate beetroot and date cake
- Veggie sausage rolls
- Ginger biscuits
- Three Delicious Ways to Cook Herring
- Miso Soup
- Sour cherry millionaire shortbread
- Tideford Miso Baked Beans with Chilli & Lime
- Roasted Squash, Feta and Pomegranate Salad
- Celeriac Puree & Yoghurt
- Squash (stuffed) with Stilton & greens
- MUSHROOM AND CELERIAC RISOTTO