Spring rolls are quick to make, and they are a great way to get the kids involved, too.
Makes: 8 – 10
300g rice noodles
cooked 400g mixed chopped cabbage, carrots, spring onions and sweet peppers
140g mushrooms, chopped into strips
100g jackfruit, shredded into a bowl
2 garlic cloves, chopped 1cm of ginger
finely chopped Splash of soy sauce
Chinese 5-spice powder, for sprinkling
10 sheets of filo pastry
-Heat the oven to gas mark 6/200C.
-Put the mixed vegetables, mushrooms, jackfruit, garlic, ginger, soy and spices into a bowl and mix together.
-Lay a sheet of pastry down and place a good dollop of the mixture into half of the pastry and roll up, sealing the ends. Repeat until all the sheets are used up.
-Place the rolls onto a baking tray with the seam down. Bake for 25 mins, or until golden.
- Three Delicious Ways to Cook Herring
- Coconut Short Crust Pastry
- Roasted Brussels Sprout, Mushroom and Kale Salad
- Merry Mulled Wine
- Apple syrup
- Braised Red Cabbage
- Brain-Boosting Energy Balls
- Fair Trade banana, molasses and rum loaf
- MUSHROOM AND CELERIAC RISOTTO
- CAULIFLOWER AND COURGETTE CURRY
- Vegan Shepherd’s Pie
- Mince Pies
- Kombucha Roasted Chicken
- Banana Bread with Roast Chestnuts
- Apple cider